PDA

View Full Version : Sawgrass Sunset

susanschermer
12-02-2009, 08:36 AM
I made this image from the road to Flamingo in late September. It's a 3-image HDR. Canon 40D with 28-135 lens at 28mm. iSO200, f/9, 1/125. I've been working landscapes lately, my least-accomplished area. Paul, where are you?

Dave Mills
12-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Susan, This type of subject is not easy due to the barren area. You managed to put together a composition that works with the 2 trees anchoring the image along with an offset sun. The reflected water is a nice touch together with a beautiful sky. Good job!

Garry Gibson
12-02-2009, 10:43 AM
It's a very nice shot. I totally agree about the two sets of trees anchoring the image. If I had
been cropping I would have taken a portion of the bottom off to avoid having the line of the
grass and sky dead in the middle of the shot.

It is a very good shot for sure, and I do not see that it was HDR, which in my opinion is a good
thing.

Roman Kurywczak
12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi Susan,
You have done a very good job with the comp and it conveys the sense of the Glades very nicely. I do see a brighter area (I won't call it a halo as it appears larger) to the left of thee RH tree that is a bit unnatural and requires a bit more smoothing.....otherwise nicely handled and composed.
BTW...f22 will give you a nicer sunburst.

Robert Amoruso
12-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Susan,

I agree with the above comments. Florida landscapes are not too easy to compose but I feel you did well finding a scene with interesting elements, placed them well in the image as mentioned and got some great light and action in the sky (i.e. clouds).