PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owls

Lesley van Loo
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ltdphoto/holenuil015.jpg

Spend my holiday in Florida, it's a pitty I only had 2 weeks and not even 2 full weeks of photographing.
But I've seen and photographed a lot, all photo's are on my website: www.ltdphoto.com (http://www.ltdphoto.com)

Bryan Hix
12-01-2009, 05:46 PM
I like the composition a lot and owls are fun no matter what. I do wish that some of the grass was out of the way on the left bird, but it's not that big of a deal and cloning them out might be a bit tricky. It seems like both birds might be able to use some more sharpening and you might want to lighten the eyes just a bit, but that's a personal choice. Please include your metadata if possible, thanks. Nice job!

Axel Hildebrandt
12-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I like the poses and BG and a nicer perch would have made it even stronger.

Nagesh Mula
12-01-2009, 07:40 PM
This is one beautiful image for two reasons:
1. I like a more raw version of showing birds in their natural environment rather than having them very clean all the time in that sense I don't mind the grass here.
2. I like the stare of the first owl its like taking a good look at you.
The only thing which I will try is to capture them on a more natural perch. Congrats!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Cute poses and excellent detail and eye contact. Also a lovely BG. I too like the natural look captured in this image. Thanks for sharing Lesley.

Harshad Barve
12-01-2009, 08:51 PM
beautiful image , nice compo , expo and BG here , somehow that perch dont bother me much
TFS

Danny J Brown
12-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Lesly - I really love this shot. The owls have their cartoon faces on! I love the grass by the way - better not touch it.

Rosl Roessner
12-02-2009, 01:35 AM
I like the image like presented. Don't bother about the grass, you must be very lucky with your image of those two cute owls! Congrats!

Chris van Rooyen
12-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Lesley this is great, getting two subjects sharp is always a challenge. Like the low angle and perfect background. THe stems don't bother me at all.

Nevil Lazarus
12-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Birds are nice and sharp and the background, from the low angle is lovely - such interesting looking birds - and they seem to be really looking at you....

Betsie Storm
12-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Striking image Lesley, and I like the "mean" stare of the LH owl. Keep sharing!

Lesley van Loo
12-03-2009, 10:16 AM
thanks to all for the comments.

unfortunately this was the only perch around, there was a fire-plug but they wouldn't sit there.