PDA

View Full Version : Hibiscus

Nagesh Mula
12-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I took this picture in my friends house under natural light. I liked the red and yellow buds here and wanted to capture them.
Also, changed the BKGR from dark green with patches of white to complete black.
I would like to know your opinion here on the exposure, DOF and other aspects.

EOS 30D, 100mm Macro
1/1000 @ -1/3

Thanks

Danny J Brown
12-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi Nagesh - I like what you've done here. Its interesting to see the one slice of focus on the flower that cuts across the same plane to the focal point of the shot, the stamen. Beautiful color here and your bokeh surgery went well althought that's not really my thing. Well done......almost makes me have to sneeze!!

Julie Kenward
12-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Nagesh, I really like your composition on this one and changing that BG over to all black was a very nice and dramatic call (although solid green might have been nice as well.) Only thing I can see is that the stamen feels a little close to that upper right corner (URC). You might try adding a little canvas to the top and right side to give it a little more room up there.

Might also pull back on the magentas just a little so it isn't so heavy at the base of the stamen.

Lovely image!

Jerry van Dijk
12-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi Nagesh, wonderful flower. Excellent use of the natural light. Great colors, detail and DOF. I also like the composition, although I agree with Jules on adding canvas right and top.

Ed Vatza
12-02-2009, 09:29 PM
A little more canvas could only help. But beyond that, I really like the comp, color and the black background. Nicely done.

Anita Bower
12-04-2009, 08:58 PM
I agree with Ed's comments. Nicely done.

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Fine with me. Love the light and combination of colors.