PDA

View Full Version : Not another one!

Steve Kaluski
12-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I promise that I will post a different image next time and Tigers will not appear again for a while:D

I posted this because it looked very close to Harshad's recent posting and wondered if it could be the same one, as it was taken in Bandhavgarh? Again, this was taken towards the end of the day when the heat wasn't so intense and from a vehicle, but the light was dropping in the forest!

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 f/4.5 1/400sec ISO640 (beanbag on front of jeep)

Harshad Barve
12-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Beautiful image , lovely compo and agreed with Peter about blue color cast ,
Bandhavgarh is THE place to shoot tigers in close range ( off course with Camera ) and this summer addition of 9 more cubs in Tourism zone means more fun for sure. In June 2009 in one safari I have seen as many as seven individual tigers in one safari ,

High time to visit India Steve :)

I promise that I will post a different image next time and Tigers will not appear again for a while:D

Pl keep on posting your tigers , Visited your website , Man you have awesome collection

Thanks for sharing this

Danny J Brown
12-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Loving these extreme close-ups, Steve. Be careful out there!

Steve Kaluski
12-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi Guys.

OK, Peter thanks for your version, but I guess I think it might be somewhere in between, however 'monitors' can vary so much and I can only base it on the printed job.

Harshad, I am a firm believer that Forums should have 'diversity of images' posted, no matter how much we like certain images, so perhaps in the New Year I might post another. Appreciate the update, as 'cubs' were the ones I really wanted, Being so elusive and having TOP guides with you, wildlife always have a sixth sense :-) I would love to join you out there, but next year I have a big Bear trip which will take up about three weeks in September so it might have to be a little later, plus a few other locations :-( Keep me posted with events. FYI the shot was taken close to the other gate, not the main one.

Danny, I will be. it sounds like something from Hill Street Blues LOL.

Betsie Storm
12-02-2009, 10:25 AM
With tiger images like this you are welcome to post on. Like the sharpness, fur texture and those beautiful eyes.