PDA

View Full Version : Thank you BPN!

Kerry Perkins
12-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I just celebrated one year on BPN and I want to publicly thank the publishers, moderators, members, and contributors who have helped me become a better photographer during that year. I am forever grateful for all of your help, support, patience, and friendship. I have posted over 1,300 times and over 300 images have been thoughtfully critiqued by you in that time. I cannot think of a better way to learn nor can I imagine a more supportive or rich educational resource. So - big thanks to Artie, Al, Fabs, Denise, Gus, Lance and Lance, Roman, James, Julie, Doug, Jim, and all the others who have helped me along.

This is a shot of a Snow Goose at Bosque on a cold, crisp morning. There is a pond at the south end of the marsh loop where the geese spend all day flying from one side of the road (where there is a field) and the other side where the pond is. They fly right over your head and sometimes are too close to even get a full bird in the frame! Bosque has been the highlight of my year, for sure, and I look forward to doing it again next year. Hoping to see more BPN folk there next time! I met a lot of really nice folks from all over and it is a wonderful place to swap photography stories and info!! :D

50D, EF400mm f/5.6L
Manual mode, f/5.6@1/3200 ISO 200 WB 5100K
AI Servo autofocus, handheld no flash

Jeff Cashdollar
12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
SWEET, love the exposure techs!

Notice with M, no EV, it's built into the exposure - well done.

Buddy scherr
12-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Wow, that's one sharp photo, Kerry. I enjoyed searching and finding all the different details. And I'm with you. BPN is a wonderful resourse for improving as a photographer. Glad you had a good time. Any talk of returning to Sacto? ;o)

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
12-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Yes, I agree, BPN is a wonderful place that teaches me many things, thank you!
Excellent exposure, sharp with fine details, and the wing down position looks great too.

Katie Rupp
12-02-2009, 01:10 PM
What a sweet job on the exposure and great wing position as well. A wonderful image to celebrate your BPN anniversary---I agree with your sentiments and admire your thoughtfulness for expressing your appreciation for/to BPN. The moderators put in so much time and do such a great job and I hope they know we recognize and appreciate that.

Gus Cobos
12-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Proud of you Kerry...:) I like this as is...well done...the whites are in check and the details are good...keep them coming...:cool: