PDA

View Full Version : Rose I

Andreas Freund
11-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi all,

since it is getting colder and colder outside here in Michigan, I transferred my photography activities to the inside. Today I would like to show you my first result of it.

Just before Thanksgiving I decided to take some pictures of roses. The picture shown was taken in the late evening. The light source was just my little MAG flashlight. I processed this photo in LR2, PS CS4 and used a filter of the actual Nik software.

I am looking forward to your comments :)

Technical data:
Sony Alpha 700
Tripod
Tamron AF 180mm Macro
exposure 1s
exposure correction -0.75EV
aperture f/9
ISO200

Kaushik Balakumar
12-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Simple and beautiful image Andreas.
Loved the subtle, moody lighting you have provided.

Julie Kenward
12-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Lovely portrait of a rose, Andreas. Was the Nik filter the dark edge/light center? If so, you did an excellent job with it. Your eye really gets sucked right in to those center petals.

Comp-wise, I'd take a bit off the left side of the frame - there's not much going on over there and the darkness tends to grab my eye a bit too much.

Danny J Brown
12-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey Andreas - A real beauty as you have wound the focus around the rose to perfect clarity in the center - a very neat effect. Color is gorgeous and simple. I agree with Julie about the left side. Great shot.

Andreas Freund
12-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.

July, I used the Bleach Bypass filter of the Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 software.

Jerry van Dijk
12-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Andreas, wonderfully executed. I like how the flower center catches the most light and is positioned in the ROT hotspot. Don't mind the extra space on the left.

Ed Vatza
12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Love the color. Love the mood. Love the position in the frame. Nicely done.

Anita Bower
12-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Great job with the lighting here. Having the red come out of the black is quite effective. I wonder what it would look like cropped on the all sides except the right? Just a thought.