PDA

View Full Version : In Pursuit

Mike Tracy
02-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Juvenile Caracara chasing little bug in pasture south of St. Cloud, Fl. BTW, he did catch it.

Dysfunctional MKIII, EF 500 @ 1.4x, 1/2000, F6.3, ISO 640, AV mode, middle of day light. Cloned out a few little white flowers in back ground that appeared as spots.

Arthur Morris
02-16-2008, 01:55 PM
While your camera may or may not be dysfunctional there is definitely some operator error involved here. Sharp focus is well in front of the bird. Have you calibrated your MIII with the 500 and each TC? Second, the bird is not parallel to the imaging sensor, it is running a bit away from you...

What sensor were you using? Is this the full frame?

later and love, artie

James Salywoda
02-16-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree with Artie your focus seems to be in front of the bird and the image is rather soft.....

Mike Tracy
02-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks for your comments and observations. No I have not calibrated either my 500 or the 1.4x. I have not seen a reason to do so but I am open to the idea of. I agree that focus seems to be in front of the bird. When I took a screen shot of the file in breeze browser it shows my focus point is in fact on the caracara. When you mentioned sensor were you referring to focus point ? No this not full frame but probably 70%