PDA

View Full Version : Caboose from the Past

Harold Davis
11-30-2009, 05:39 PM
one from the outing at the railroad museum sunday afternoon. a 3 image hdr.

D300, 18-200 at 26mm, 1/80 was 0EV, f/16, ISO 500

thanks for looking. comments and critiques much appreciated.

Katie Rupp
11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi Harold, this has a very nostalgic feel to me; I like the HDR look, the colors and the details. Congrats!

Gail Spitler
11-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Harold - I'm no expert but all the HDR technicals look great: lots of sharpness and dof, vivid colors.
I don't really know what to think about the composition - the tree tops above the freight car roof probably don't add much; and I suspect this is a funny to say, but the modern white gravel doesn't seem to go with the grunge look. Not sure what to do about that as I like the cars being diagonal across the image
Cheers
Gail

denise ippolito
11-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Harold, I like the composition and the color tones look good. The sun-kist area under the train is sweet!

Katherine Enns
11-30-2009, 10:34 PM
WOW!! I am in awe of this one, Harold. That is one falling apart railcar. Actually all three are in tough shape. Is that rye grass growing out of the car on the far left??? Too funny! I just love details and the vibrancy on this, its gorgeous!
I guess I am going to have to learn how to use photomatix and do hdr.

Alfred Forns
11-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Love it Harold !!! Great feel and sure like how that grass came out behind the car :) .. btw they are intent in fixing that car !!!

.... Kat that is grass growing out of the train !!! ... some have it inside :)

Katherine Enns
12-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Al; yes its got to have a real layer of soil on the floor, possibly an entire microcosm. I wish I could get down there to photograph these before they fix them. Well, I guess Harold has done it!!! I just love this shot and yours as well :)

kostas nianiopoulos
12-01-2009, 03:59 AM
exellent Harold , sharp , and loveley colors . well done