PDA

View Full Version : Incurved Mum

Anita Bower
11-30-2009, 03:57 PM
I took this photo a year ago at Longwood Gardens conservatory during them Chrysanthemum show.
Konica Minolta 5D, Minolta 100mm macro lens, 1/20 sec., f11, ISO 100, tripod, natural light. PP in PS7. I added a bit of canvas to the top and cloned in the leaves, vignette.

Ed Vatza
11-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Ah, so different from your current work. :) I like the color and detail in the flower. I'm not totally sold on the perspective of the flower. personally, I would like to see it turned just a little more toward the front. Not a lot; just a bit. At first I thought I would be distracted by all the leaves but that didn't really happen.

Julie Kenward
11-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Now that IS a break from your latest work...good for you, Anita! I, too, am not sold on the turn of the flower. I find myself looking more at the leaves in the BG for some weird reason. I also want to reach in and turn the flower towards me! That said, I LOVE the overall dark tones in this...it's definitely got a mood to it and a very interesting feel.

Mike Moats
11-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey Anita, I like everything about it. Cool subject and BG, good details.

Charles Wesley
11-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Anita,

This looks good to my eyes. Like the color and contrast.
Thanks for sharing...

Danny J Brown
12-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I really like the way the two colors on the flower compliment each other, Anita. A very pleasing photo.

Dave Mills
12-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi Anita, Beautiful species and pleasing soft light. Well placed in the frame.

Jerry van Dijk
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Anita, I just love how the light makes the flower stand out from the busy background. Excelent work on that cloning, wouldn't have guessed if you hadn't told me. The somewhat muted colors on this image give it a special feel. Don't mind the angle on the flower

Anita Bower
12-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Thank you all!