PDA

View Full Version : Taking Time to Smell the......

Richard Waas
11-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I photographed this image at the Botanical Gardens in San Antonio, Texas with my Canon 5D MK II on tripod. ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/6 sec, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, 200mm, Evaluative Metering, Auto Exposure, Auto WB, No Flash. Comments Welcome.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
11-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Great details on the flower, and I like how place it in the frame too. As for the butterfly I don't mind about the blur, just wish I could make out the eye more clearly as an anchor point.

Gail Spitler
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Richard - Agree with Thanaboon, I like the composition, detail on flower, the blur brings a sense of motion that adds to the image, but I want to see the butterfly.
Cheers
gail

Alfred Forns
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Richard Glad you were able to take in a tripod !!! Don't mind the blur at all just wish the bug was lighter, the dark areas are blocked !!! Excellent idea !!!

Best solution with harsh light is shooting in the shade since you had a tripod !! Your having a great trip !!!!

Kerry Perkins
11-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Richard, nice capture and concept! I think the DR was a bit too much for the colors here, yellow and red may be over-saturated. Might want to check the "colors" histogram and see if they are clipped. Good subject and setup!