PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Wren-Oregon

ChasMcRae
11-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Canyon Wren feeding on sheer rock facing in Eastern Oregon.

Chas.

#!CanyonWren_East_Or_RAW_0005.jpg
File size: 170KB
Image Serial Number: 000-0005
Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Camera serial number: 241625
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Owner: Charles W. Mc Rae
Date/Time: 2007:11:15 02:30:00
Copyright: ©Chas.Mc Rae
Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: On
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Lens: 600mm
Focal length: 840mm
Image size: 800 x 572
Rotation: none
Color space: sRGB
Color profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Dave Leroy
11-29-2009, 11:38 PM
A very intersting pose Chas and good for you to capture it. Lots of nice detail in wren and colour. The oof right side is a bit distracting for me and other than a tighter crop not sure what to suggest. Dave

john jackson
11-30-2009, 05:06 AM
Hi Chas

Great subject and nice pose; love the tail against the rock, does this species use its tail to steady itself?

I like the lichen on the rock and wonder if a little more contrast might bring out that and the bird a touch more.

As Dave's comment, something about the right side is distracting for me. I wonder if darkening the bottom right corner would ease this. Also, I think the name and copyright is drawing my eye. I guess this would not feature on a print? Anyways, perhaps moving it to the right corner, toning down its whiteness and/or swapping to a different script would help. As is, it draws my eye away from the gorgeous white throat of the bird.

I would love to see a vertical crop of this (do you have the canvas space above and below; not sure if it is cropped already).

The bottom line for me is great bird captured well. With a tiny tweak here and there could be even classier.

John

ChasMcRae
11-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks for comments and after review agree oof rt side does not work.
A lot of nice yellow lichen on lt side but could not seem to get and bird in nice composition.
Vertical may work better and perhaps more environmental picture.