PDA

View Full Version : Black Buck albino

Sabyasachi Patra
11-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Since you guys now know how a black buck looks like. Sharing image of an albino black buck.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400 mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 1.4x II TC. ISO 400, f4, 1/320, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sid Garige
11-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Sabyasachi,

Looks more like a Leucistic than Albino. Albinos will have red eyes and this guy has normal eyes.

a very unique capture.

-Sid

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Beautiful image and I like the low angle and pose in this capture as well as the excellent exposure and unique subject. Thanks for sharing.

DanWalters
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
That is quite the find! Like the colr and the detail in the whites. Would like to see a little more room on the bottom.

Harshad Barve
11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Lovely image , pops up nicely against darker BG
TFS

ps , Sid , to best of my info , this is Albino Black Buck

Marc Mol
11-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Looks a little soft to me Saby on my cal monitor, considering it's the 400 f/2.8.
Was this a large crop?

Stu Bowie
11-30-2009, 03:13 AM
Great sighting Sabya, and would interested to find out who the parents were. I would move him back to the right in the frame.

Sid Garige
11-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Lovely image , pops up nicely against darker BG
TFS

ps , Sid , to best of my info , this is Albino Black Buck

Harshad,

From wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucism

"A further difference between albinism and leucism is in eye colour. Due to the lack of melanin production in both the retinal pigmented epithelium (RPE) and iris, albinos typically have red eyes due to the underlying blood vessels showing through. In contrast, leucistic animals have normally coloured eyes. This is because the melanocytes of the RPE are not derived from the neural crest, instead an outpouching of the neural tube generates the optic cup which, in turn, forms the retina. As these cells are from an independent developmental origin, they are typically unaffected by the genetic cause of leucism."

-Sid

Steve Canuel
12-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Pretty interesting image Sabyasachi. Also interesting to see that an animal of this color could survive in the jungle.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Marc,
Thanks for pointing out. The image is full frame like always. I rarely crop my images. I looked at the raw file and found that I had converted it to a small size and it was without sharpening. It looks better when sharpened. Uploading a small portion of that image. I don't know how to get 100% crop or what that exactly means. This is about 14% of the original image size.

Having said that, I rarely sharpen beyond the default in lightroom, so it should have been sharper. In the burst, the next image is much sharper than this one.

Hi Sid,
Most often in India, we refer a completely white animal or bird as albino and the partially white ones like the rock pigeons as leucistic. Thanks for the wikipedia link.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

RakeshDhareshwar
12-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Awesome record of the albino blackbuck here . I would have liked a bit more higher perspective and maybe a off centre composition .

Ken Watkins
12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Whatever it is it is very interesting to see, I am surprised that you do not use much sharpening.