PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite in Spring

Nagesh Mula
11-29-2009, 02:08 AM
We visited Yosemite just after storm passed over and was totally mesmerized by the beautiful view from the very much photographed Tunnel view. I saw this sunshine leading the path and falling right on the Bridal veil which I liked it very much. We waited for nearly 30-45 minutes just to have a clear sight of Half dome but were unsuccessful on that day.
Also, I was very much new to photography it did not strike to take multiple exposures to get HDR, so this one is a Pseudo HDR image where I made multiple exposures (3) from one picture.

Canon EOS 30D
18-55 mm
f/18
-1/3

I would like to know your opinion on this picture.

Thanks

Morkel Erasmus
11-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Nagesh this surely is a wonderfully different view from this much-photographed vista. love the low clouds, the fall of light and the composition. the pseudo-HDR looks good and I've found it can save many a picture (depending on whether your sky is blown in the original).

Dave Mills
11-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi Nagesh,Very nice comp with your patience paying off.The dappled lighting works well along with the dramatic clouds.I like how the little band of light is just hitting the waterfalls. Well done!

Roman Kurywczak
11-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi Nagesh,
Greetings from Bosque! The pseudo HDR work looks terrific and you got some great clouds. The light looks fantastic too. Very nicely done.

Indranil Sircar
11-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Absolutely gorgeous composition, Nagesh. You have captured terrific mood here. Very well done.

Jerry van Dijk
11-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Nagesh, great work on a vast view. I like how you worked this pseudo HDR. You can't tell it was done, but has worked wonders on the details and the dynamics of the image.

Robert Amoruso
11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Good composition - classic that you can't beat. Clouds and weather with the changing patterns of light all work well.

I would like to see this image a bit lighter overall. I posted what I am referring too, done using a curves correction in PS with the Lighten Preset.

Jeffrey Sipress
11-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Very nice, Nagesh. Great opportunity you had, one that's eluded me for 35 years.

Funny about the 'pseudo HDR' approach. HDR is already 'pseudo'. This one's real!

Ed Vatza
11-30-2009, 06:36 PM
I dunno. I think the OP feels moodier to me with the juxtapositioning of light and shadows. Just my two cents.