PDA

View Full Version : Coneflower Palette

Danny J Brown
11-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Lots of potential annoyances here but I currently have this one on my kitchen wall rotation and it brings me joy every morning.

Canon EOS40D; Canon 70 - 200 F/2.8 L; 1/800; f/6.3; ISO 200; Feisol CT3031Tripod w/Markins M10 Ballhead

Julie Kenward
11-29-2009, 08:02 AM
I have one pretty close to it hanging in my bathroom and I agree - there's something about coneflowers that cheer you up!

Only thing that really gets me stirred up about this one is the partially included flower in the URC. I'd either clone in a whole flower or take the one petal out. Oh, and the one empty gray stem at the bottom - that could probably go, too! Love the colors and the blur level - you just know those flowers were dancing when you shot this!

Mike Fuhr
11-29-2009, 08:51 AM
I don't think you've ever shown me this one, Danny. Makes you really wish spring was here again. I like the psychedelic background.

Charles Wesley
11-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Danny,

I like the paintery like feeling. I would consider doing a vignette on this one. That's just my opinion.
Thanks for sharing...

Jerry van Dijk
11-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Danny, they are some wonderful flowers. I am a bit too distracted by the background and think that the image would have been stronger if the second flower would have been in focus as well and would have been lower in the frame (different angle).

Danny J Brown
11-29-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't think you've ever shown me this one, Danny. Makes you really wish spring was here again. I like the psychedelic background.

Definitely not ready for spring as fall has yet to begin in Missouri or Oklahoma. Looking forward to some snowy days for photography!!

Danny J Brown
11-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks everybody - and Mike...stay away from those mushrooms!! (big smile)

Mike Moats
11-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey Danny, I really like it. Its what I call a somewhere in between depth of field. It has interesting foregound and just enogh depth of field to show that your in a large field of flowers.

Ed Vatza
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Yes, very painterly feel to the background. I agree with Jules about the petal in the UR and the gray stem in the LR but the thing that "bothers" me most is the out of focus flower in the foreground. As I said the background oof flowers look terrific but that one in the foreground overlapping the stem of the primary subject does trouble me a bit.

Danny J Brown
12-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes, very painterly feel to the background. I agree with Jules about the petal in the UR and the gray stem in the LR but the thing that "bothers" me most is the out of focus flower in the foreground. As I said the background oof flowers look terrific but that one in the foreground overlapping the stem of the primary subject does trouble me a bit.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one, Ed. I always enjoy the thoughtful comments that come from this gallery.