Harshad Barve
11-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Dear All
Made this with D300 , 600mm, ISO 200 , 1/80 , on beanbag in hide, 90 % of FF
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Steve Canuel
11-28-2009, 11:18 PM
What a beautiful animal. Love those horns! Also like the lush, green habitat.

Harshad Barve
11-28-2009, 11:21 PM
What a beautiful animal.

But one of the most destructive one , they can finish acres of Farm land overnight and their population grows like nothing

Steve Canuel
11-28-2009, 11:25 PM
But one of the most destructive one , they can finish acres of Farm land overnight and their population grows like nothing

Well, hopefully they taste good and provide lots of meals for your tigers, lions, and leopards :)

Danny J Brown
11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm with Steve, HB, this is one gorgeous animal and one I haven't seen. Those horns are something else! Good showing here. Thanks.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Lovely. Its a male. They are endemic to India. At one point of time they were the primary prey of the Cheetah. Now Cheetah is extinct in India. The blackbuck numbers has come down drastically, and they are only available in small numbers in different places. The main reason for their decline is the conversion of the grasslands into agricultural lands.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Marc Mol
11-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Beautiful horns on this buck Harshad, well captured with good eye contact.
Would crop a little off the left to not have him too centered.

Steve Kaluski
11-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi Harshad not seen this before and very fine he is. The antlers remind me of the Kudu, another fantastic animal with magnificent horns. The grass and bush does look quite 'green' to me, but I am not sure when all the new growth starts to appear? I ask this, because of the white under belly which to me has a slight cast to it, but perhaps that's me :-) Is this shot in the surrounding area of Bandhavgarh?

Steve

Betsie Storm
11-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks for sharing this one, Harshad, and the additional info Sabyasachi - those horns are really something, much more spiral than the Tragelaphus species. Nice pose, and I like the two-tone colouring too.

Stu Bowie
11-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Harshadbhai, good eye contact, and those horns certainly do have an interesting spiral. Thanks for sharing the info about them.