PDA

View Full Version : Spirit bear on log

Charles Glatzer
11-28-2009, 03:33 PM
This image is copyrighted material as indicated, and is watermarked! Unauthorized use or reproduction for any reason is prohibited

STL BC '09

1Ds Mark III, 500mm
Manual, spot plus 1 EV off bear (verified via histogram), 1/640 @ f/5, ISO 800
Post-production-LR3, CS4

See you where there is light, or at the computer

Chas

Steve Canuel
11-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Like the habitat. I also like the way the log leads the eye from the light area to the darker area in the back, and with the bear pointing in that direction it gives me the impression of him getting ready to head into the safety of the darker forest. This one looks almost like a cinnamon version of a spirit bear. Do they have the same variations in fur color/shading as black bears?

Charles Glatzer
11-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Steve,

Some appear a bit more brown/orange like iin color than others in certain light, but I did knock down the color a bit after your post.

Best,

Chas

Harshad Barve
11-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Yet another winner Chas , lovely pose and beautiful habitat
TFS

Marc Mol
11-28-2009, 09:20 PM
The look he's giving you and the balancing act on that log really make this lovely image, well done Chas.

Danny J Brown
11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey Chas - You are really on a roll with these fantastic shots that make everybody else work harder to take it to the next level. BPN -- where the pros mix with mere mortals. That gigantic tree reminds me of my trip to West Glacier last year, a bit. Your images are a joy!

P.S. As per your instructions I should receive my Black Rapid connector and Kirk Clamp Monday. I'm going to integrate the hardware into my OP Tech strap. I'll let you know how this hybrid works. Thanks again.

Jackie Schuknecht
11-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Stunning image with an interesting pose, light subject, dark BG. Just love it!

Sabyasachi Patra
11-29-2009, 01:22 AM
A lovely image. Nice pose. I like the inclusion of the habitat. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

DanWalters
11-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Like how the bear is balanced on the log and the way the log leads you into the image. Nice colors as well.