PDA

View Full Version : Great Cormorant

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Captured this morning along the wonderful Nepean River close to my hometown. There is a good spot where cormorants and other waterbirds regularly traverse the banks and provide good BIF opps. The only problem is that the early and late golden light does not penetrate here due to the spot being in a small gorge.

30D, 400/5.6L, manual mode, f/5.6, 1/1000th, ISO500, HH, 80% FF, added a sliver of canvas on RHS.

Harshad Barve
11-28-2009, 02:58 AM
Beautiful image Akosbhai , nice wing pose and dark BG
TFS

Stu Bowie
11-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Hey Bro, you have pulled off a difficult character very well. Considering your self explained conditions, I see enough detail in the plumage, sharp, and he still pops from a dark BG. Well captured.

Keith Carver
11-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Nice flight image of a bird that's difficult to photograph in flight (at least that's my experience), and in dark conditions to boot. Perfect lighting on head and wings and turquoise eye. Rear wing seems a bit sharper than the head, but overall the bird is crisp against a pleasing dark BG.

Ramon M. Casares
11-28-2009, 08:00 AM
Excelent pose and BG amigo, no ideal light angle but you manage to get very good detail under the wings, love these birds! Congratulaitons!!

Dave Leroy
11-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Tough light. It looks to me that even if bird was flying the other way, it would be hard to get light under the near wing. Well done. Nice wing position and lots of detail. Dave

David Fletcher
11-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Akos. Done real well. Great flight shot with great details. lighting suits this too as more of the morning light that was never gonna get there gonna introduce all sorts of contrast issues. could be a tiny bit more sharper for web. Nice one mate. :):)

James Salywoda
11-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Well done buddy excellent wing position and you did real well with the light in regards to exposure I can see the details throughout.

arash_hazeghi
11-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Very nice shot Akos, love the BG, HA, wing position and flight angle, might bring up the darks a bit.

Rod Warnock
11-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Great effort, Akos !! Like the isolation and textures shown..especially so given the dark background. Light and definition on both wings ..well done. Soft wing tips add it image as well.
Best regards
Rod