11-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Camera;Canon 1 D mark 111
Lens 500mm USM IS
f/8
ISO 400
exp -1/3

Ofer Levy
11-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Awesome light and colours and what an amazing bird!!! Looks like a big crop though as I don't see fine detail.

Keith Carver
11-28-2009, 06:49 AM
I like the pose, perch and exposure, Jan. The bird is a little soft, and seems cramped in the frame. I would add some canvas at top and right, if possible. Thanks for the post. First time I have seen one of these.

Jan Fourie
11-28-2009, 08:32 AM
This was full in the 500mm frame and taken at Gaintscastle ,drakensberg mountains South africa
I think I could add more canvass
thnks for your comments
jan:)

David Fletcher
11-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Great shot Jan. Have added a bit of canvas, not much, to give a taste, but feels such a good image doesn't need much more. Naturally, did some nr on the bg as you know me and my tastes, :D, and some sharpening on the bird, but only want to show the potential you have. Some compression showing now, but nothing to do with the Original image as took three attempts to resize ok.

Jan Fourie
11-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Thks Dave you are a star to assist me to get this shot even better,much appreciated
jan

Ofer Levy
11-29-2009, 08:53 AM
This was full in the 500mm frame and taken at Gaintscastle ,drakensberg mountains South africa
I think I could add more canvass
thnks for your comments
jan:)

Hi Jan, this is very interesting. I was certain this is a massive crop due to lack of fine detail. Now that I know it is actually full frame I wonder what can be the reason to the lack of detail. If the bird is out of focus that can explain this, another possible explanation is heath haze - was this taken in a very hot and humid day?