PDA

View Full Version : Straw-necked Ibis (Threskiornis spinicollis) Kununurra WA Australia

Rod Warnock
11-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Straw-necked Ibis (Threskiornis spinicollis) Kununurra WA Australia
Canon EOS 40D Lens 100-400mm L IS USM at 235 mm ISO 400 F7.1 1/1250 fill flash13 September 2009

Initially I felt that this Straw-necked Ibis may have had an injured wing, however then I saw that other birds in the group adopted this pose after drinking so perhaps it is part their grooming and/or sunning behaviour. Any comments on other species of Ibis??
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Narayan Pai
11-28-2009, 12:56 AM
nice details in the wing , wish for more canvas on the right. I am not sure about Ibis behaviour.
How far was the bird from you ?....TFS

cheers

Narayan

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-28-2009, 02:34 AM
That's neat behavior that I am yet to see and I see this species regularly. Well handled light and good exposure. Like the habitat but as Narayan, would love a little more canvas to the right side. :)

Tony Whitehead
11-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Good exposure to keep detail in the blacks and whites, Rod. Interesting behaviour - agree it may be sunning. Nice clean specimen and the iridescence is well captured.

Danny J Brown
11-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey Rod: Just looking through some older postings and found yours. This is a great shot of a bird that looks hard to properly expose, like our Eastern Wild Turkey. I like the purple iridescence in the wings and the face detail is very nice. Nice shot.