Black Kite (Milvus migrans)

EOS40D+400/5.6+2xTC 1/200s f/11.0 iso400

This is my first post on this forum.
Welcome every C&C

Regards

kenn threed
11-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi Zoltan,

This is a nice clean shot with very good detail and smooth bg (and it's a bird we never see where we live).
The perch looks a tad crunchy, and a few kinda hot areas could be toned down I think. Maybe a little more room on the left would be nicer too.

I just got here myself btw, but a very good first post I say. :)

Kenn

Kenn & Temple
Backyard Birders in St.Louis, MO
http://kenn3d.smugmug.com (http://kenn3d.smugmug.com/)

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Szia Zoli
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CDonata%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Üdvözöllek a BPN-en. :)

Lovely sharp image! Nice background and lots of detail for having used the 2x converter. The crop makes the bird too centered so if you have more canvas around it then place the bird more on the right side so it is looking into the negative space in front. It appears that the whites are a little hot near the bill and the feet. Try burning them a touch.

Thanks for sharing.

Lorant Voros
11-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Szia Zoli,

Nice to have one more Hungarian on this forum. Looking forward to see many posts from you.

Akos pretty much covered what has to be said. Still a nice and sharp image. Keep them coming.

Narayan Pai
11-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Hi Zoltan ...Welcome to BPN and congrats on your first post...great shot .....agree with all the improvements suggested by others above.....TFS

Cheers

Narayan

Harshad Barve
11-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Zoltan
Big welcome to BPN , beautiful image to start with
TFS

Zoltan Kovacs
11-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Thank the all c&c for everybody!