PDA

View Full Version : High in Zion

Jeffrey Sipress
11-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Hiking up into the swirly canyons near Checkerboard Mesa yields some wonderful subject material. This little pinion had the place to himself. Canon 1DsIII 70-200 2.8L.

Ed Cordes
11-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Nice colors and good placement of the tree. Gives a good feel for the starkness of the area.

Robert Amoruso
11-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Jeff,

I like that you pulled out and included a portion of the rock face as the patterns add a nice dynamic to the image. I hope that you also created a close-up of this tree as well and that would make a fine composition as well. Both images would have very different feelings to them.

Dave Mills
11-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi Jeffrey, Good placement of the tree that makes for an interesting comp. The red rock along with it's detail also compliments the tree. As Robert stated there are a number of ways this could be handled but your presented image is well done!

Roman Kurywczak
11-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey Jeffrey,
Greetings from Bosque! I really like the tree placement also but the textures and patterns are what set this apart. Very nice find and very well composed!

Jackie Schuknecht
11-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Lovely textures and colours. The tree is placed well in the frame. Very nice. I wonder how old that tree is?

Ed Vatza
11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Love the tree and its placement in the frame. It looks beautiful against the rock. I think I might like it even more with just a little off the top giving the image a more uniform background texture but that's just me being a little picky.

Connie Mier
12-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Jeffrey, I like this very much! I'm wondering at what mm you shot this at. Although I love this composition, my first thought is that I would like to see this at a wider angle where the tree comprises only a portion of the lower left corner. Or even a pano. Though it's great as is.