Richard Mc Donald
11-26-2009, 05:43 AM
http://nhulunbuy.com/jnh.jpg

Arhnem Land- Northern Territory - Australia

1D MKII ISO400 f/4.0 1/500 RAW

Richard

Ofer Levy
11-26-2009, 05:57 AM
Now you're talking! Nice shot. Bird is nice size in the frame, nice natural perch and BG. Not crazy about the square crop, wish for more room on the right and left. I find the bright area at the BG a bit distracting.

Richard Mc Donald
11-26-2009, 06:10 AM
You can spend any ammount of time on getting the crop to where you think it's be perfect and someone will ALWAYS dislike it, such is photography. I'm over it.

Richard

Ofer Levy
11-26-2009, 06:22 AM
You can spend any ammount of time on getting the crop to where you think it's be perfect and someone will ALWAYS dislike it, such is photography. I'm over it.

Richard

Hi Richard, please don't take it personally! It's only MY taste - I am sure others will think that your crop is great. Keep in mind this is a critique forum so you have to be prepard to hear feedback of all sorts. At the end of the day - it is your photo and you have to like it so my opinion really doesn't matter....;)

Richard Mc Donald
11-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Joel Eade
11-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Richard, everything works well for me. My only thought would be to take a look at perhaps sharpening the bird just a little more.

Alfred Forns
11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Richard I like the detail on the bird and orientation, sharp all the way through.

Keep in mind crop suggestions are just that, suggestions no right or wrong. Here I have to agree the suggestion will strengthen the image, just a matter of taste. Excellent image !!!

Fabs Forns
11-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Richard, the purpose of posting in a critique forum is to get feedback from others, not necessarily complimentary, but always positive, because you learn something with every critique. Even if it is that you can't please everyone :)
Other than taste, there's many pointers to be taken form other sets of eyes, and listening to critique, in my experience, will only make you better at the end.
Do not resent critique, rather learn to appreciate that someone took the time to look at your work and give you their opinion.

I don't mind the crop, but would have liked a lower angle. Great exposure and detail and sweet background.

James Shadle
11-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Kinda like this?

John Chardine
11-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Great BG and sharpness. Like the repost. For me the head angle is just a tad to much away from you.