PDA

View Full Version : Recreate: Tree Planet

Patti Edens
11-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the play Denise.

Cropped to a square. Copied a slice of right side, flipped H and pasted on left side. Blended it in. Did Polar Coordinates. Then did Cut Out Filter and some lighting effects.

denise ippolito
11-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Patti, I love the sphere part and feel it is interesting enough to stand on it's own. The BG lines make the image appear busy IMO.- I usually select the sphere w/ the marquee tool and invert selection then apply a radial blur(usually I go with spin, a low #) then refine edge. This is very creative and the texture is spot on! Well done.

Mark Fuge
11-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Nice application, Patti.

Having done a lot of PC flips, I think if you would crop the top half and copy and flip it to the bottom, it might be very interesting. That would balance out what Denise is mentioning. But,

Your image ... your vision.

Patti Edens
11-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks Mark and Denise. I wasn't too thrilled with this one and knew it was lacking something.

I tried what you said Mark, but it didn't line up very well, so I must have done something wrong.

Denise, Is this what you were talking about? I remember really liking all of your radial zoom blurs on flowers and I think this is sort of what you did. It does minimize the distracting border that the Polar Coordinates filter creates.

denise ippolito
11-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Patti, I think it does help keep the BG lines from distracting your eye from the image. Sometimes I add a gradient to the selected BG or a complimentary color or both. Sometimes snow, rain or texture overlays also. Depends on your mood or the image-It's all about your own personal preference though. These are alot of fun to do.