PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Landscape - Tobacco Barn

Cheryl Slechta
11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
This is an old tobacco barn on a friend's property in North Carolina. I desaturated and changed to a sepia tone,
then I used Topaz clean and then added an ink outline filter. I'm not sure of the composition - I cropped some off
the bottom - or the hot areas, which I tried to deal with using a paintbrush. (Or if it is a landscape:confused:)

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated.:)

denise ippolito
11-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Cheryl, It qualifies as a landscape. I love what you did with the filters. The roof looks great. I like the de-saturated look and the color tone. I think I would take a bit more off the bottom if it were mine, just to pull some of the weight of the image down. But let's see what others say. What's interesting about this image is that it just feels like North Carolina to me. Very well done.

Mark Fuge
11-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Nice image and application, Cheryl.

I like it and have no major issues, with the barn image area. But, I wish you had a more detailed sky area in the URC. The rest of the image has a lot of detail, but the sky area is just is blank. But ...

Your image ... your vision.

Christopher Miller
11-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi Cheryl, Very nice old barn photographed from an interesting angle. Like the color tones. I don't mind the hot areas because the image has a sketch look to it. A little more room on the left might have been nice so as to not cut off the barn.