PDA

View Full Version : Chobe Sunset

Nevil Lazarus
11-25-2009, 02:38 AM
There is nothing like a sunset on an African river ... They say I left Africa, but Africa has never left me....

Nick Palmieri
11-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi Nevil, This has a nice feel to it. In my opinion I think it would be strengthened up if you cropped to the right of the sun. I am not sure that it adds much to the image. I also think a full silhouette of the elephants would improve it a bit. It would be useful if you posted the shooting data.

Roman Kurywczak
11-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi Nevil,
Welcome to the forum! I know the feeling about Africa is I am returning this Feb! Please do post the specs such as SS, F-stop, lens, and camera so that others may also learn from your work and we can also have more tools when critiquing.
Believe it or not.....I am OK with the crop as presented. I feel the eye flow nicely from the elephants in the LL ROT position then flows to the herd and sun while the river brings me back. It does appear the image may need a bit of a CW rotation. Where I do agree with Nick is that if you had better seperation or more of the trunks seperated in the FG elephants....this would be even stronger.....as is it is nicely composed and gives a very nice feel to the scene.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi Nevil, very nice composition sure makes me want to visit soon

Dave Mills
11-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Nevil, Good job with exposure and positioning of the elements within the frame. I could go either way on the crop suggestions. I realise you sometimes have to take whats presented but more separation between the animals would have been a big plus...

Harold Davis
11-25-2009, 04:57 PM
beautiful scene, nevil. love the sun on the horizon. agree with the rotation suggestion. crop to taste. i like it as is. nice job!

Morkel Erasmus
11-29-2009, 03:52 PM
great scene captured Nevil and I'm fine with it as presented...how I miss Botswana now...