PDA

View Full Version : Habitat for Humanity Donation Photo ,Needs a Special Name?

Layton E Parham
02-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Habitat for Humanity
Canon Mark III, 24-105f4 @35mm,1/320 sec,F4,Iso 500

Wants this picture donated for their silent auction in Gainesville,Florida.Can you help me give it a special name? Is there any thing about it that should be corrected first? This is a sunset from The Viera Wetlands,Florida. Thank You Layton
www.laytonparhamphoto.com/ (http://www.laytonparhamphoto.com/)

George DeCamp
02-15-2008, 08:22 PM
"Fade to Black"

Not sure about the name but very sure this is a wonderful image, kudos. If anything e lower right corner is a nit but not enough to worry about.

Grace Scalzo
02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Beautiful, Layton. Bet this will bring in some good money for HforH.

Robert Amoruso
02-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Layton,

One of the better images from Viera of a sunrise/sunset. You did a good job of minimizing distractions. I like the arc the trees make in the image.

I would crop out the shore grass in the lower right. That will bring the horizon down and concentrate the image on its most important aspects, the sky colors and the reflection. What I have in mind below. I went high enough to crop out the top of the tree's reflection in the lower left power point (ROT)

In the future, look to separate the tops of the trees from the BG. In this case, if you had walked down the beam and maybe squatted you would have gotten them above the dark horizon.

Harold Davis
02-16-2008, 09:23 PM
nice crop, robert. i think it makes it a much stronger photo. beautiful photo, layton. love those colors!!

Layton E Parham
02-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you Robert for the crop advise It worked .I wanted to photograph from the waters edge but that position was occupied by that 10 foot gator that somtimes stays there. Layton

Valerio Tarone
02-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Habitat for Humanity
Canon Mark III, 24-105f4 @35mm,1/320 sec,F4,Iso 500

Wants this picture donated for their silent auction in Gainesville,Florida.Can you help me give it a special name? Is there any thing about it that should be corrected first? This is a sunset from The Viera Wetlands,Florida. Thank You Layton
www.laytonparhamphoto.com/ (http://www.laytonparhamphoto.com/)
very nice composition, Iknow such heavy colours at the sunset ar in Florida and in Caribean area.
Valerio

Keith Kennedy
02-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Layton,

Spectacular colors. This one has the 'wow' factor. Great job.

Keith

Bret Edge
02-19-2008, 02:29 PM
The colors are gorgeous in this image. I really like Robert's crop, too. His suggestion to eliminate intersections (i.e. trees in the horizon) is a good one. Probably not what you want to name this but the first thing that came to my mind was "Apocalypse Now".