PDA

View Full Version : Rough Blazing Star

Danny J Brown
11-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Taken at Shaw Nature Reserve a few miles from my home.

Canon EOS 40D; Canon 300 F4 L + 1.4 TC; 1/100; F5.6; ISO 200; Manfrotto 055XB w/488RC2

Steve Maxson
11-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Danny. Great colors and background and a very effective use of DOF. I think I would prefer a bit more room all around, but that is a matter of personal taste. Well done.

Danny J Brown
11-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi Danny. Great colors and background and a very effective use of DOF. I think I would prefer a bit more room all around, but that is a matter of personal taste. Well done.

Thanks Steve - I definitely shot it a little tight. I thought that might slip by everybody.:D This is full frame though so we'll have to put a fork in it and call it done.

Julie Kenward
11-26-2009, 11:10 AM
I think you could add a little more canvas to the right side and find it makes quite a difference - that really is the only border that's cutting it extremely close.

Excellent DOF, Danny and nice exposure on the flower...those tend to blow out easily so kudos to you for doing such a nice job!

Danny J Brown
11-26-2009, 11:53 AM
I think you could add a little more canvas to the right side and find it makes quite a difference - that really is the only border that's cutting it extremely close.

Excellent DOF, Danny and nice exposure on the flower...those tend to blow out easily so kudos to you for doing such a nice job!

I haven't added canvas yet in CS4 so another good instructional opportunity for me as I learn the program. Yes!

Mike Moats
11-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey Danny, really like the coomp, and great BG. agree on the extra space.

Julie Kenward
11-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Danny, go to the educational forum - there's at least one great tutorial there on how to easily add canvas!

Anita Bower
11-28-2009, 06:04 AM
Great color combination. Excellent DOF. Lovely presentation. I'm the odd one out thinking that the green is just a bit too green--I tend to look at it before I look at the flowers.

Charles Wesley
11-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Danny,

Great color contrast and use of selective focus. Thanks for sharing...