PDA

View Full Version : A piece of grass

Grahame Hamblin
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM
D300 macro 50mm cropped 50% ps lightened

Chris Starbuck
11-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Grahame,
I like the composition, lighting, and colors; the similar grouping in the background (parallel and OOF but recognizable) is a nice touch. I think it would be better if the FG and BG seeds had a little separation between them; a little movement to the left might have accomplished that, and also might have reduced the very dark area in the lower left corner.

You can post larger images - up to 800 pixels tall; that would show more detail.

Thanks for sharing!

Julie Kenward
11-26-2009, 11:08 AM
I agree with Chris' critque. The green and brown color pallette is very nice but it's very dark and you have an awful lot of noise in the background (BG). You might try some fill flash next time or push that exposure up so there is something registering in that top (far right) section of the histogram. Remember, Grahame, it is always easier to darken an image in pp than it is to lighten it so take a couple of different settings and see which one you like best when you get back home.

Grahame Hamblin
11-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Thank you both for your help when i took it I was testing focus but when i saw it on screen quite liked it. Will try again with more thought. Once again thank you.

Julie Kenward
11-28-2009, 08:05 AM
I know why you liked it Grahame - it certainly has mood. Just remember that darkening it in pp will produce far less trouble than shooting it too dark in the first place. Always bracket!