PDA

View Full Version : Red Munia Aka Red Avadavat

Harshad Barve
11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Dear All
My love for under 15cm bird contineous in Gujarat also
This tiny bird of 10 cm lives in thick bushes and was busy in building nest
Made this with D700 , 600/f4, ISO 400, f6.3, 1/1000 , tripod in Thol Bird Sanctury , Gujarat
PP wise , 70 % of original , levels , contrast and sharpening
all C & C are most welcome and much apprecited
Harshad

arash_hazeghi
11-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Beautiful Harshad, material in the beak really adds to this image.

Norm Dulak
11-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Harshad:

While I find the bird interesting, particularly with the nesting materials in its beak, I wonder whether you could bring out more feather definition on the lower breast and underside of the bird. Also, on my monitor I see somewhat of a halo effect, particularly on the tail.

More importantly, I find the background to be distracting. While it might be argued that the background elements are required to show the environment in which the bird lives, I would clone out at least some of those out of focus branches, and crop the image to better emphasize the bird and its nesting materials.

I'll leave how that should be done to your excellent artistic interpretation abilities.

Norm Dulak

Mital Patel
11-24-2009, 08:56 AM
thats pure grown. beautiful image harry.. surprise though the nesting season is over why still continue nesting ?
good to learn and find out..

Harshad Barve
11-24-2009, 09:03 AM
surprise though the nesting season is over why still continue nesting ?
good to learn and find out..

As per Adesh Shivkar , if these birds gets favourable season , they will breed round the year:)

Norm Dulak
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
As per Adesh Shivkar , if these birds gets favourable season , they will breed round the year:)

Harshad:

While these comments are somewhat interesting, please also respond to my comments above.:)

Norm Dulak

Mital Patel
11-24-2009, 11:09 AM
got new thing know today then. i had seen them flying with such material before as was surprise..

Gerrie van Vuuren
11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Like the pose & composition. Ditto nesting material adds to the image. Find OOF twigs in the BG a bit distracting.

Stu Bowie
11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Lovely colours on the bird Harshad Bhai, and the nesting material certainly does add to the image. I would have maybe moved him to the left, and taken a bit off the top too.

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Harshad bhai, I don't mind the environment being included, but I would crop so to place the bird in the UL ROT point. Well done and I can't wait to see more images from your recent trip. :)

Harshad Barve
11-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Harshad:

More importantly, I find the background to be distracting.

Norm Dulak

After playing for couple of hrs , I think cloning will not look good here
Thanks for suggation Norm

Danny J Brown
11-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Harshad - Fun shot with the crazy little red bird and its huge chunk of nesting material. I love those white spots on the red bird - beautiful. Thorns on the perch are always a plus for me as well.

James Salywoda
11-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Great shot Harshad the nesting material really adds to the image I also like the birds color and the white spots such a beauty.

Kiran Poonacha
11-25-2009, 04:38 AM
loved the image Bhai, the NM in the beak adds very well.. waiting for more from the trip.

Norm Dulak
11-25-2009, 07:23 AM
After playing for couple of hrs , I think cloning will not look good here
Thanks for suggation Norm

Harshad:

Thanks for trying to see what effect cloning out some of the background branches would have.

My only other suggestion would be to sharpen the image less, to eliminate the halo seen around the tail and elsewhere.

But it's certainly a beautiful bird captured in its environment and exhibiting interesting behavior, and TFS.:)

Norm