Tiritiri Matangi, New Zealand.

Canon 50D, Canon 300 f2.8 L IS + 2x
1/400, f5.6, ISO 200

Comments appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Sidharth

Danny J Brown
11-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Wow, Sidharth, this is a striking image! The juxtaposition of the bird and the environment/bokeh is dramatic here and that eye is.......well....killer!! I also love the color of the background water/sky? as it is a blue that I'm not used to seeing. Although it would be the standard composition technique, the image might look even better if the bird was looking back at more frame on the right. Thanks for a great one!

Tony Whitehead
11-24-2009, 04:01 AM
Typical peaceful pose, Sidharth. Glad to see you made it to Tiri. I would move the bird a little to the left to decentre it.

Harshad Barve
11-24-2009, 04:15 AM
lovely details and agreed with Tony about compo suggation
TFS

Kiran Poonacha
11-24-2009, 07:20 AM
nice suggestions above, loved the angle and pose here...

Sidharth Kodikal
11-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Thank you all for the feedback.
This is pretty much full frame (except for a slight crop after a 2 degree rotation for leveling).
I will try my hand at photoshop to de-center the bird; if not, I might have another frame where the bird is not as centered.

Tony, thanks to your suggestion, I did make it to Tiritiri. Beatutiful island!
Unfortunately it poured after the first 15 minutes, and we were cooped up in the visitor center most of the day. It cleared up about 45 minutes before our departure and I'm thankful that I was able to see about 7 species there. Will definitely visit the island again on my next trip.