PDA

View Full Version : Mourning Doves

Danny J Brown
11-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Caught these two beauties at the bird feeder this summer.

Canon EOS40D; Canon 300 F4 + 1.4TC; 1/160; F/8.0; ISO 200; Manfrotto 055XB w/488RC2

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Lovely composition and excellent exposure and detail Danny. Love the poses of these two doves and the striking BG and perch. Fine work and thanks for sharing.

Ilija Dukovski
11-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Very nice composition with the two birds, gentle colors add to the cuteness of the image. very nice.
I don't quite get what is the perch, looks good though.

Danny J Brown
11-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Very nice composition with the two birds, gentle colors add to the cuteness of the image. very nice.
I don't quite get what is the perch, looks good though.

They are just some quartz rocks that my wife's mom collects and piles by her feeder. Thanks for the comments!

Todd Frost
11-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Exposure looks good, bg sets them off well. Nice to get both to pose for you. Well done.
Todd

Clement Francis
11-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Awesome one Danny I just loved the DOF here

paul leverington
11-24-2009, 07:01 AM
One of the sweetest birds on earth IMO. Nice capture getting the two of them Danny. If this happens often at the feeder, you might consider some work on the set up. The perch looks like a piece of bleached coral. Am I correct? That and the domestic grass look out of place so maybe change those I feel. You could add some stuff way off in the bg to add some texture and interest there. That is something you could then control light and dark tones to create balance and eye movement. Strong, angular, dark, jaggedy rocks about the same size here would augment their gentle colors and curves by opposition is one of mant option ideas. You could grow a mat of little flowers(those roll up mats maybe) and place it on the ground to replace the grass. You could try pine needles as a foreground mat. Lots of possibilities at your feeder and very controllable. Here the top bird is just right but the bottom one could use better separation from the rocks and a better head turn too. Actually if that one was facing the other way you could have some very sweet counterbalancing to the one at the top.

Paul

Kiran Poonacha
11-24-2009, 07:15 AM
beauty one Bhai, nice setting here, good compo, cute birds nicely posing and loved that BG.. congrats..

Danny J Brown
11-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks for all of the nice comments and suggestions. I'm glad you liked the bird of peace.

denise ippolito
11-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Danny, Really nice to get them both together. The BG is lovely. I like the composition w/ the one up higher.Very nice.

Mike Fuhr
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Great choice of going vertical on this one, Danny!

James Salywoda
11-25-2009, 01:07 AM
I love Mourning Doves they are so cool this is excellent Danny as you have nice separation between the two birds and the vertical composition works perfectly.