PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Landscape - Nostalgia

Cheryl Slechta
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
This is an old house that has seen better days. It seems to be sheltered by the oak tree. I used an infrared filter
and then sepia photo effect. And some dodging and burning.

Comments and suggestions appreciated:)

denise ippolito
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Cheryl, I like the way this came out. It kinda draws you into a feeling of a time gone by. I like the placement of the tree and the small house although I must admit I didn't notice the back half of the house at first. The IR combined w/ the sepia is a nice touch and goes well w/ the look you were after. I might go w/ a bit off the bottom. Very nicely done!!

Jackie Schuknecht
11-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Really nice Cheryl, I wonder if burning the house:) a bit might make it a bit more of a focal point. Good choice of filters.

Christopher Miller
11-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Cheryl, This has a nice peaceful feel to it. Like the combination IR and sepia effect, though I might tone down the white highlights a little. Agree on taking some off the bottom.

Mark Fuge
11-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Nice image and application, Cheryl.

However, as the house is the subject, I would tend to disagree with the bottom cut and cut the top to remove the small "horizontal" branch on the URC area. I find the grass area opens up to the house very nicely. But then again ...

Your image ... your vision.

Michael Zajac
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Very soft peaceful feel to this. I would agree w/ a bit off the bottom also. I like the color toning.Great job.