PDA

View Full Version : Wedge-tailed Eagle (Aquila audax) Marla SA Australia

Rod Warnock
11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Wanna try to take it from me ??
Wedge-tailed Eagle (Aquila audax) Marla SA
Canon EOS 40D Lens 100-400mm L IS USM at 400 mm ISO 400 F10.0 1/1600 available light 6 October 2009
Taken at a kangaroo road kill south of Marla SA on the main north - south highway, two Wedge-tailed Eagles were in attendance plus sundry Ravens.

A favourite bird of mine and others which speaks of wide open spaces and the outback and Re Centre.
Hope you enjoy.
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Clement Francis
11-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Awesome shot of this wonderful raptor. I have seen video in NGC how deadly this species is when it comes to hunting in the desert environs

Kiran Poonacha
11-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Man very powerful image this, is a great scene captured.. loved this for the pure expression of the frame.. congrats..

Rod Warnock
11-23-2009, 03:18 AM
Thank you , Clement and Kiran !! Raptors are so powerful even the smaller ones. The eyes always get me.
Best regards

Rod

Ofer Levy
11-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Fantastic image Rod!! Your dedication, enthusiasm and the quality you get with such a short lens are inspiring! I guess most of the people don't know that you were an established bird photographer before most of us were born.

Hope you don't mind this re-post - some S/H, colour saturation, brightness and contrast.

Rod Warnock
11-23-2009, 05:43 AM
Thanks !! Ofer ! No worries at all about the re-post and Yes! I can see what I should have done...guess I was worried that I would degrade the image with my inexperience at digital processing. Again thanks for taking the time to do this re-working.
Thanks
Rod