PDA

View Full Version : Harrier

John Blumenkamp
11-22-2009, 10:02 PM
It's been a couple months now since acquiring longer glass and it is definitely addicting to get out and work on technique with these focal lengths... here is another harrier, this one from this morning out near the Great Salt Lake...

7D @ 700mm
1/2000 f/7.1 iso400
handheld

I'm also still determining my workflow for 7D images (I'm again using LR with the availability of 2.6 RC)... any and all comments appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
John

Keith Bauer
11-22-2009, 10:12 PM
John: Wonderful pose and the eye looking right into the camera looks great. Sharpness also looks great. It's a bit hard to tell at this size, but I think I see a faint halo around the top part of the head and the top of the birds left wing. Don't know what sharpening you may have applied.

Tony Whitehead
11-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Great warm tones and nice eye contact with this one, John. Little more room below and right would also work IMO.

Bruce Enns
11-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Great image John! I really like the eye contact and look at the topside of the wings and tail. Very warm feeling. I might also give the bird a little more room to fly into (bottom and right) as it appears a bit tight in the frame as presented. Great job on a sharp shot with the 500 and 1.4. I have the same setup and it can be a real challenge.

Cheers!
Bruce

John Blumenkamp
11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Keith - think you may be right about the sharpening of the web image... I went back and resized the original, and lowered the sharpening levels. I've replaced the image in the original post - looks good here I believe.

FYI - I've been using USM on these 7D images... both at the master TIFF/JPG level, and then also on the resized JPG for posting to the forum.

Ofer Levy
11-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Beautiful light, colours and top view. Looks pretty sharp to me too. Excellent work John!

Kiran Poonacha
11-23-2009, 04:53 AM
loved the eye contact here, nice details and comp too.. congrats..

Clement Francis
11-23-2009, 05:27 AM
Lovely flight shot from above, beautiful eye contact too

James Salywoda
11-23-2009, 08:03 PM
John this is an excellent shot of the Harrier you are really getting the long lens technique down as your images are getting sharper keep it up your hard work is paying off my friend.......:)