PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Special

Paul Burgess
11-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi all!

Been a while since I posted. Here's a shot that I took last Saturday morning — in the freezing dawn.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NgELvbgT1k0/SwgINTCc18I/AAAAAAAABpU/-mKUZEgBFqg/s800/20091114_HABE_0010_web.jpg

Rebel Xt, 18-55@18mm, f/3.5, ISO100, 1sec.

This is a double-processed photo — once for the sky, once for the shadows, and then blended together.

Please be brutal!!

God bless!

Paul

Grady Weed
11-21-2009, 11:39 AM
I will leave the filleting and roasting to another cook. I do like the painterly feeling here. The earthy tones on the bottom pitted against the soft pastels on top and the quiet blending of the two are spot on. One can almost feel the cool ocean breeze and the heat of the sun. The rocks add interest and scale. The soft line of colors following the contours of the wet sand where it meets the dry is an added bonus.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Very nice composition, I like the different layers in the sand, the rocks are a nice foreground image, with a dramatic sky.

Harold Davis
11-21-2009, 04:10 PM
i think the pp looks great. only wished for a little more room on the right side for the rock that is on the edge. doesnt look freezing. :) looks just like my florida morning. only about 72 degrees!! :)

Roman Kurywczak
11-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi Paul,
Actually I think you handled this very well so no brutality from me either! I agree with Harold on the right rocks so including them in the field was the choice....but a clone /patch now will also work. I would also remove the darker rock in the wet sand if you do go in that direction. I fell you can go a lot of ways with this and all will offer a bit of a different take....I idea is to lighten the churning water near the wet sand....add a bit more depth to the scene and I would definitely consider lightening the FG rocks and dry sand...just a touch....don't want to lose the mood. I think you thought this one out very well and just keep in mind those edge rocks! Nicely done!

Dave Mills
11-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Paul, Nice job overall with the image. Good advice given above. I would also remove the rock on the right near the water and lighten areas mentioned...

Paul Burgess
11-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys!!