PDA

View Full Version : Morning Drama

Barbara Kile
11-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Nikon D300, Photomatix tonemapped image taken at f/11. Topaz Adjust at reduced opacity and contrast adjustments applied. The clouds on this morning were dramatic and this was taken just before the sun began to break through.

Dave Mills
11-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Hi Barbara,Dramatic sky with beautiful filtered light.IMO the sky has enough drama to devote that much canvas to it. Another good quality is the offset road which acts as a leading line. I would have preferred a bit more of the road showing which would have presented a stronger leading line.

Grady Weed
11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I have never experimented with Topaz, this looks nice. Dave's eye is right on to me. More road would have been nice, but as is OK.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Very nice Barbara, I like the different layers of the hills with the road leading into the forest.

Harold Davis
11-21-2009, 04:15 PM
love the pumped up fall colors here. agree with the others about wanting to see more of the road. it's funny. i've been reading david noton's book, "waiting for the light", and there is a similar picture in the book. he actually set up the tripod on top of his automobile to get more of the road. just an idea for next time. please dont get hurt doing it!!!!

Roman Kurywczak
11-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi Barbara,
While I generally prefer images w/o man made elements in this case I too may have preferred a touch more road or getting closer to one of the fence lines to make it a stronger component. The tonemapping was handled well and I like the depth you achieved in the sky. Nicely done.

Barbara Kile
11-21-2009, 11:38 PM
I like the car/roof idea, but with my luck........
Yes, there were some creative choices here - and I agree with the suggestion to include a tad more road. The sky was my first love in this case. Thank you everyone for the helpful comments.