PDA

View Full Version : GBH Sunrise

Fabs Forns
11-20-2009, 05:19 PM
This morning, at Wakodahatchee Wetlands, had a nice time with a lot of friends taking advantage of the nesting activity. Nik Color Efex Bi-color filter used to enhance sky.

Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Lens (mm): 190 (100-400L)
ISO: 1600
Aperture: 22
Shutter: 1/1250
Program: Manual

Tony Whitehead
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Successful silhouette, Fabs. Bicolour works very nicely on the sky. Some horizontal separation would have been nice to avoid the impression of the top bird standing on the lower one's back but you were stuck with where they were and had obviously positioned to get a clear silhouette of the lower ones bill avoiding the foliage. Interested to see your last couple of posts have been taken on Canon gear again.

Dave Blinder
11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Very nice fabs, some great shapes, and plenty of negative space to balance them out. Looks light a slight halo, but may just be from the backlighting? Great job on the colors too.

david cramer
11-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Really lovely image, Fabs. Great color and composition.

Joe Senzatimore
11-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Another work of art from a fine artist. Magnificent Fabs.

Ilija Dukovski
11-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Now this is special, the birds, the sun, sky graded color...
several elements together that make it really unique.
I think I like this first for the BG color.

Clement Francis
11-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Very artistic, the settings are just awesome

Stu Bowie
11-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Fabs, lovely setting, and I like how the sun id filtered through the trees. The top heron draws you down to the lower one, both nicely silhouetted, and just love the BG colours. Congrats, this really stands out.

Brian Barcelos
11-21-2009, 12:46 AM
The thing that puts this image over the top for me is the back lit outline of the clouds in the bottom of the frame. Don't know why but I love that little detail. Congrats on another beautiful and different image Fabs.

Kiran Poonacha
11-21-2009, 01:54 AM
sure will make a great wallpaper, loved the setting here and the comp works superbly well, congrats..

paul leverington
11-21-2009, 08:01 AM
You know I opened this one and immediately memories of florida mornings came flooding back to me. How I miss those times. I'll have to plan a trip soon, The shot definitely gives a feeling of the quite morning time and the stirring of life for another day. I like that you have pulled back on the view here and have included so much sky--which has some sweet interest in it. This would make a nice large print for the wall. If you had the canvas for the left including the whole branch there instead of it being chopped off would be a little better IMO and maybe a very slight crop of the right to put the birds more to the side might also be an idea. All in all a sweet shot.

I meant to get a comment on your razorbill shot but didn't get the opportunity to do so with work right now Fabiola, but I want to do that as I thought I might have a useful idea or two. So i'll pop you a note so you can check the shot when I do. I liked that one a lot.

Paul

David Fletcher
11-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Lots to enjoy here Fabs. Very successful silhouette shot, down to the lower clouds. Nicely done.

Manos Papadomanolakis
11-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Magic colors,light...mood!!!

bill kominsky
11-21-2009, 10:40 AM
What a wonderful image, sorry I missed you and Al but spent theday with Judy, love the light.

Giovanni Frescura
11-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Very very nice shoot. The composition is correct and the light very interesting.

Gyorgy Szimuly
11-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Stunning image Fabiola.
Love the ray of light through the branches.

Szimi

Raymond Barlow
11-22-2009, 11:55 AM
sweet image!! Congrats Fabs.