PDA

View Full Version : Photographing the Grand Canyon at sunset

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-20-2009, 11:00 AM
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/2399626-md.jpg

Another fuji velvia scan. from summer of 2004. Canon eos elan 7e. sigma 180 f/3.5 macro. warming filter.

I have played with a pano crop but I prefer this as it gives an idea of the depth of the canyon. And I feel the darkness inside the canyon adds to the mystique.

Let me know what you think. Thx in advance.

Roman Kurywczak
11-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi Kaustubh,
I like the shapes and colors but I do feel the FG is a bit dark. I opened it up using levels and took down the brightness a bit off the top.
Let me know what you think.

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Roman, thx for taking the time. Yours looks good too. a little different but fine. I personally prefer more contrast....but I can see why yours will be preferred by many. thx again.

Dave Mills
11-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi Kaustubh, There are subtle differences between yours and Roman's repost. I'm leaning towards the repost due to seeing a bit more detail which to my eye adds more interest. I feel you accomplished a sense of depth and the pleasing light adds to the overall...

Grady Weed
11-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorry boys, I have to agree with the original version. It's the high contrast that keeps my eye in the frame. The two people add depth and scale. A beautiful image.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Very nice comp Kaustubh, I took a few like this in Moab and wondering how to process them and my are even more contrasting. Back to the drawing board