PDA

View Full Version : Beech Leaf

Andreas Freund
11-19-2009, 11:35 PM
3 weeks ago I went to the Stoney Creek Park here in Michigan to get some final fall pictures. I found this beech leaf and I liked the rectangular texture of it. I combined it with a small leaf which was still green (unfortunately I don't know which plant it is).

I am curious to get your opinion about this picture. :)

Sony Alpha 700
Tamron AF 180mm Macro
tripod
ISO 200
f/32
0.8s
processed in LR2, PS CS4 and Nik-Software

Jerry van Dijk
11-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi Andreas, I just love the color and texture of the beech leaf and the way you positioned it in the frame. I'm not too sure about placing the green leaf on it right in the ROT hotspot. It's a bit too styled for my taste. Let's see what others think! Sorry, can't help you with the species on this one.

Mike Fuhr
11-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I like this one. The placement of the green leaf looks great to me. I might crop a bit off the right to get the vein out of the corner (or rotate the image a smudge). Nice texture too.

I think the green leaf is called dollar weed, but that's only a local common name.

Christopher Miller
11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi Andreas, Nice contrast between the green leaf and the BG. I like the composition with the vein on the diagonal. The placement of the green leaf looks good, though I wonder how it would look with the green leaf rotated a little so that the V shape is pointing at the corner. Just a thought. Nice image!

Julie Kenward
11-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Very nice comp and placement within the frame - I'd give it another round of sharpening throughout. The entire image feels just a little bit soft as presented here.