PDA

View Full Version : Great blue heron in a freeze morning

Patrice Allibert
11-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Took this picture early in the morning temperature below 30F. Did not have so much opportunity to turn around him.

Did not crop, just sharpened it.

D300, 200-400 @ 330, f4, 1/1000, ISO 640

your input is welcome.

here it is

Axel Hildebrandt
11-19-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't see the image. Let me know if you need help.

Desmond Chan
11-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I like this one. I like the light and the exposure. I like the fact that the bird is not evenly lit. This gives the heron and the photo a better 3-D feel. Good details and sharpness. I personally would try to "remove" some twigs and branches in the top half of the background, particularly those "touching" the heron. Head angle might be off a tiny bit though.

Fabs Forns
11-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Very nice light, although a bit tight all around. Good exposure and sharpness, thanks for sharing it :)

Danny J Brown
11-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi Patrice: I like this shot a lot because of the look on its face, the pose and the beautiful foreground on which the bird is standing. Bokeh ain't bad either as far as I'm concerned but I do agree with Fabs that the shot is a tad tight.

Rodney Flowers
11-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I like the detail in the feathers and the way the ground near the bird appears. The colors are very nice. It looks sharp also. Would've been nice if the Great Blue Herons Head was turned a little more towards the camera. I've deleted lots of Great Blue Heron pictures because the head wasn't turned towards the camera enough but that is just my personal preference. I've seen tight compositions that work before, but I believe since the birds head neck is tucked into the body it gives it a little more cramped feeling IMO.

Patrice Allibert
11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
thanks all for your input.
Patrice