PDA

View Full Version : Evening at the Greec mediteranian see

Alexander Koenders
11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
What a lovely vieuw while walking over the beach with youre loved one.

Olympus E3, Zuiko 12-60mm, F7.1, 1/80sec, ISO400, 0 stop

Grady Weed
11-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I like the composition, the rule of thirds seems to be applied here, good colors and love the reflection. I also like the cloud formation. I just can't put my finger on the rest of it. It does not seem to be over saturated, so thats not it. The two rock formations adds some balance to the image.

Todd Frost
11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Nice colors and sky. Rule of thirds in use as mentioned but I think it is lacking a foreground element to finish this off.
Todd

Ed Cordes
11-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Nice colors and clouds. If it were mine I would also try a crop with the rocks larger and closer to the bottom of the frame.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Very nice comp, and I will go with cropping more of the water as lots of negative space as the water has no interest. Also your horizon is not level

Ramesh Adkoli
11-20-2009, 07:46 AM
It's really a lovely image, Alexandar. I liked the diagonal lines formed by the clouds and the subtle colors in the sky and water. Including the far islands and rendering them black adds to the impact of the image. As for the level, i see that the image is level on the left but slopes as you move right. It might be a distortion caused by the wide-angle lens. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Dave Mills
11-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Alexander, Beautiful light with a magnificent sky. I agree with taking some off the bottom which will accentuate the sky even more. The slight distortion looks like it was created by the lense. I've been debating about taking a bit off the right but decided I would leave it alone....

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Loved the pattern of the clouds. Strong graphical element. But as others have suggested, breaking the rule-of-thirds here might be a good option here.

Roman Kurywczak
11-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Alexander,
Very good advice given above. I too would go for a bit less water as presented and in the field go with more sky. Sometimes compositions work in a rule of 4th....a quarter water and 3/4 sky....just keep that in mind for the future.
I agree with David....Cropping that bit of the bottom as presented will just add to the lovely colors and feel to the image.