PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbill Sunset

Rich Ikerd
01-02-2008, 02:49 PM
The spoonbills have been fairly accessible at MINWR lately and I was fortunate enough to be there for a pretty nice sunset.
D2X, 200-400VR w/1.4TC @ 550mm, f/11 @ 1/1000sec, iso 400

Looking forward to being a member here. Lots of folks are here whose opinions I greatly respect.

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi Rich!!!!!!!!!

So happy so are with us and what a beautiful image to get started!!!!

Love silhouettes, specially with such intense background.

For those who may see a slight halo, it is from back light, not sharpening.

The bill shape is noticeable and adds to the image. Big congrats and let me roll the red carpet for you :)

Rich Ikerd
01-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi Rich!!!!!!!!!

So happy so are with us and what a beautiful image to get started!!!!

Love silhouettes, specially with such intense background.

For those who may see a slight halo, it is from back light, not sharpening.

The bill shape is noticeable and adds to the image. Big congrats and let me roll the red carpet for you :)

Thanks Fabs. Looks like you guys are off to a great start (some great images and I'm already learning some things from the comments being given). Looking forward to a great future here. And congrats to you and Al!

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Rich,

Red Carpet Welcome !!!!!! What a treat !!!!

Love your image !!!! Might also consider when cropping in the viewfinder to place the bird more on the lower right corner and give it more space They seem to take a new look !!! Big Congrats !!!

D. Robert Franz
01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Great color here a lovely image. My only nit is the reflection would have like either less of it or all of it. I seem to want to see the entire reflection when I view the image...

Terry Eddington
01-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Great color here a lovely image. My only nit is the reflection would have like either less of it or all of it. I seem to want to see the entire reflection when I view the image...

With all due respect to the pro, I disagree on the reflection. The only way to eliminate it that I see is to either completely clone it out or crop so the legs run off the bottom of the photo. In such a strong silhouette, I expect to see a reflection and the photo would look odd without one. My feelings are just the opposite. I like what is there but would never include the whole reflection (a temptation us lesser experiences photogs often try to do) as the ripples in the water make it unclear anyway. Just my $.02 worth.

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Welcome here Rich! Lovely colours in this wonderful image. No nits from me.

Linda Robbins
01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome to BPN Rich!

What a beautiful post....Gorgeous color and I particularly like the slightly open bill. I like it just the way it is!

Linda

Glenn Bartley
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Very beautiful - I love the colors and pose.

Cant wait to see more :)

Manos Papadomanolakis
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Great pose and excellent colors!!!