PDA

View Full Version : Tombolo alley

Valerio Tarone
11-18-2009, 03:22 PM
This is a famous resort in Tuscany with an 11 km. long alley. I tried different hours of the day,different objectifs, waiting a moment with no people. Nikon D70 60mm f2.8 1/60. Comp. -1Ev ISO200 If I well remember no Ps.
I had in mind the picture by Bob Mc Callum seen in wildlife ph.of the year trying to give a sense of dark awe.
Comments

Dave Mills
11-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi Valerio, You certainly created a mood of foreboding. I like the way the trees form arches which bring your eye through the image.I might tone down the bright bush on the left of the path. The image does look soft but not sure if thats the way you chose to present it...

Roman Kurywczak
11-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Valerio,
If you chose to present this as almost painterly and soft....then it does convey the mood and you handled that effectively. I would prefer this if at least 1 thing was sharp but that may not be what you were going for. I Agree with Dave on the bush as it takes away from the mood somewhat so toning it down will help. Nice use of a leading line and interesting interpretation of the scene.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I like the mood of the photo but wished something was sharp to give my eye a starting point in the image

Valerio Tarone
11-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Thank to all. I believe that the McCallum's photo is certainly better, it seems really fairly tale (well adapted to Ireland!). I'll try to bear in mind your remarks.

Grady Weed
11-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey Valerio. I think you were on the right track but in needs some further work, as you know. Please post your next results for us to see.

Valerio Tarone
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey Valerio. I think you were on the right track but in needs some further work, as you know. Please post your next results for us to see.

All right,David, Thank you. More brightness and levels in CS4, that I got recently. Critiques welcome

Roman Kurywczak
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi Valerio,
I think you lost some of the mood from the original post so I gave it a try....I did use shadow/highlights a bit to open up the darker areas slightly but didn't want to get rid of the darkness entirely. I also darkened the brightest 2 bushes. I lightened the LH side a bit....but kept it dark to keep the original mood. Finally I sharpened a bit to bring out some more detail.
The more comfortable you get with photoshop the easier it will be to make corrections to your taste. Let me know what you think of my re-post.

Valerio Tarone
11-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Thank you Roman
very good work. I've remade it in CS4