PDA

View Full Version : Help on Insurance for Photo Equipment

James Graham
11-18-2009, 02:59 PM
My equipment value is now beyond the maximum allowed by my Homeowner's Policy, so I must go elsewhere. Prefer a policy that would insure against breakage as well as loss by theft.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Marina Scarr
11-18-2009, 04:31 PM
The best choice is to join NANPA and get your insurance through them with Rand Insurance (Chubb). It cost .023 cents per $1 with a minimum of $350. They offer the best customer service available. For my only claim to date, I received a check within 4 days of making my claim.

Rocky Sharwell
11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
The insurance available for NANPA members which I believe is through CHUBB has worked out really well for several photographers that I know. It is not cheap but they have paid claims quickly from the stories I have heard.

I know there are cheaper alternatives--but I do not know anyone who has put in a claim.

Jamie Strickland
11-18-2009, 04:43 PM
another vote for the NANPA / CHUBB, they are very easy to work with, respond quickly

I have not made a claim but before I purchased I searched here and got some info from a few memebers who had and were still very happy wit them

NANPA is 100 bucks a year, and then the min 350 so your looking at a minimum of 450 per year which

Alfred Forns
11-18-2009, 06:00 PM
NANPA/Chubb ... another vote.

Don Hamilton Jr.
11-18-2009, 07:11 PM
another option that i chose before i knew about the above offer was state farm.. covers breakage and theft... 1.12 per 100.oo dollars.
Just another option.
Don

Ed Cordes
11-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Another vote fot NANPA and Chubb. Covers internationally as well.

Michael Lloyd
11-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Anyone using the insurance offered through PPA?

Rocky Sharwell
11-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Just in case there are any Floridians reading this--It is a really bad idea to insure your gear through any policy with any connection to your home owners insurance. If you put in a claim of any sort--odds are you will get cancelled...

William Malacarne
11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Just in case there are any Floridians reading this--It is a really bad idea to insure your gear through any policy with any connection to your home owners insurance. If you put in a claim of any sort--odds are you will get cancelled...

No first hand experience but I have heard the same thing about that here in Calif.

Bill