PDA

View Full Version : My Hong Kong Orchid Tree Is Blooming Again..

Charles Wesley
11-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Had to wait the wind out this morning. Here's a photo of a flower on my Hong Kong Orchid Tree. It's not an orchid but the flowers are very beautiful. Will have to protect the tree again this winter.

Canon 5D Mk 11, 12 mm Canon ET, EF 70- 200 mm f/4.0 at 105 mm, Canon EX 550 Flash MP at 1/128 power and Bogen tripod. My exposure was 1/80 sec. @ f/ 11.0 and ISO 1000.

Not sure about the light green BG. Wish my lawn were greener...

D.P.P.
PS/CS4
FocalBlade

denise ippolito
11-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Charles, I like the BG color very much-it compliments your flower color nicely. I might clone that one spot on the stem even though I'm sure it's suppose to be there. Very nice composition. I think you have just the right amount of softness combined w/ details to make this a very pleasing image. I like it alot.

Charles Wesley
11-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Denise,

Wish I knew what part of the stem you would like cloned. Is it the pistil or actually a new leaf forming from the stem on the left branch? Would appreciate your advise.

Like to improve the image...

denise ippolito
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Charles, I didn't realize that is was the pistil. I guess it's the angle-it looks like a separate piece but I guess it's not. Sorry, just disregard.

Charles Wesley
11-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Denise,

I understand the pistil distracts from this image. Doesn't seem to have any seperation and may be bent. Will need to shoot at various angles to get a better image.

Thanks for your critique. It's most helpful...

denise ippolito
11-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Charles, I don't think it distracts very much at all-it just wasn't clear to me that it was bent. I do love this image-the flow of the petals and the colors are very special. You have a really keen eye for the flow and composition of a flower.

Charles Wesley
11-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Denise,

If the pistil is not bent, it has a strange look. Hope to get some more blooms later this week. I need to shoot, shoot, shoot to get the image I want...

denise ippolito
11-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Charles, You are just like me:)

Anita Bower
11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
You have the most fantastic flowers! Thanks for sharing them with us.

The fuschia color against the yellow/green BG is stunning! The only thing I would change is the lighter yellow BG in the UL frame--maybe just clone a bit of the greener part over it.

Tomislav Kljucaric
11-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Great colours and great background. Would not change anything. I like it just the way it is.