PDA

View Full Version : Common Bronzewing (Phaps chalcoptera) Bladensburg NP QLD

Rod Warnock
11-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Common Bronzewing (Phaps chalcoptera) Bladensburg NP QLD
Canon EOS 40D Lens 100-400mm L IS USM at 400mm ISO 400 F6.3 1/1250 available light 13 August 2009

Common Bronzewing Pigeons also frequented the waterhole on Surprise Creek in Bladensburg NP south of Winton, Queensland. More timid than the Spinfex Pigeons but never the less an exciting bird when viewed closely.Mostly I have seen these birds come in gradually to water on the far side of water from a hide in this case the bird flew in from a tree directly to this spot. The water provided the background entirely.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod

Tony Whitehead
11-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Lovely colour palette in this image, Rod. You've captured the bronze iridescence well and I like the BG. A little more of a head turn toward you would have been nice with the angled away pose. May be an option to tone down the whitewash a little. Wondering about a little more room above and to the left.

Ofer Levy
11-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Lovely shot Rod! The bronze iridescence is fantastic! Agree with Tony regarding the composition.

Axel Hildebrandt
11-18-2009, 07:04 AM
I like the attentive pose, eye contact and iridescence. The critical focus seems to be in front of the bird, you could selectively sharpen the head more.

Rod Warnock
11-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Thank you Tony and Ofer.. will repost with more canvas as suggested to left and above. Got a bit obsessed with having the subject as large as possible plus wanting to include the area to bottom left as I felt this anchored the image in the real world rather than have a straight portrait.
Axel: Will attempt what you suggest and repost combined with suggestions made above. Thanks for your in put.
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Rod Warnock
11-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Here is an attempt to implement suggestions as suggested above.i.e. additional space above and to left plus additional sharpening on head area. Please feel free to comment.
Best regards
Rod