PDA

View Full Version : Stretching the BG

Bernie Howe
11-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I posted a picture of an Osprey on the other forum, and got two comments that it was to tight to the edges, I read in the tips section on how to stretch the backgrounds and this is my new look on this pic. I'd like to hear your comments if I did it OK or not.. THANKS
http://members.cox.net/bphowe/Osprey%20II.jpg

Model - Canon EOS 50D
ExposureTime - 1/800 seconds
FNumber - 5.60
ExposureProgram - Aperture priority
DateTimeOriginal - 2009:11:15 09:19:25
ExposureBiasValue - -0.33
MeteringMode - Partial
Flash - Flash not fired, compulsory flash mode
FocalLength - 400 mm
White Balance - Auto

Lance Peters
11-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Hi Bernie - did you use Content aware scale??? IN Photoshop.
Not looking too bad - there does appear to be some marks on the left had side around the wingtips that extend from the wingtips to the edge of the frame.
For my tastes I would adjust the sky colour a tad - love the wingspread and the eye contact.

Gus Cobos
11-18-2009, 05:47 AM
Hi Bernie,
I like the flight angle and the open wings. You have good details and a good head angle. The cropping is fine, do see the marks that Mr. Peters is referring to...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
11-18-2009, 08:58 AM
The composition looks alright to me, not too tight. I can see small lines at the edge of the frame, especially on the left side. One of the wing tip on the right seem a bit cut off, but that could only be my eye. Love the wing and tail spread and the in your eye look. Might try to lighten the right eye a bit.

Alfred Forns
11-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Bernie

Framing looks good as presented, lot of ways to extend canvas, might look through tutorials !!!

Love the straight on look and underwing detail, might want to lighten the right eye a bit and slightly darken the left wing. For the blue bg desaturating just a bit gets you a really nice looking blue !!! Love the image !!!