PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Time Again

ChasMcRae
11-17-2009, 08:42 PM
November is here and people are preparing to go to THE Bosque ,but unfortunately I am not one.
Good shooting and here is a MOOD picture of the Cranes approaching from a previous visit.
Chas.

Scanned Slide Nikon 5000-TIFF to JPG

Danny J Brown
11-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Charles: This is a wonderful composition and I love the wings and look of all four cranes. The bokeh is sublime and really adds to the shot. I just wish the birds were a little sharper - not tack sharp - just enough to make my eyes settle on them more comfortably.

Bonnie Block
11-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Charles, I can feel what you are trying to convey here. Great mood. I also wish the birds to be sharper, and I would take a bit more from the dark top to raise the birds in the frame a bit more to meet my eye.

Ilija Dukovski
11-17-2009, 11:33 PM
I like the dramatic sky, and overall composition. Agree about sharpness of the birds.
Just a bit more would make great difference.

ChasMcRae
11-17-2009, 11:51 PM
I have discovered gradually that sharpness in scanned slide images is a problem. It is much easier to sharpen digital images than these. I have just about decided to sharpen these type of images to the "halo" and then back off slightly. I did not do it in these but plan to experiment, because I have too many slides to ignore.
Thanks for comments, but I did expect the tone of comments.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-18-2009, 09:49 PM
My God, I only wish the birds were in focus, if you pay attention to them, you will see like the clouds in the BG starts to move to the left and give the image a feel of motion. Almost a master piece. Congrats.

By the way, I believe you have three great head angles here.