Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode : Auto exposure
White Balance : Auto white balance
Focal Length 35 : 157mm
Lens : Nikkor 105mm/ f:2,8 VR
HH

Julie Kenward
11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Adrian, beautiful capture! I think a few small tweaks would make it even stronger, though...

First, put the plant more on a diagonal than it is. It's really pretty static in the position you have it in now. Moving the camera so it started in one corner and ran towards the opposite side would have given it a more flowing mowement.

Also, the dew drops look well sharpened but if these were larger they'd be downright stunning. The small size is nice and you captured it beautifully - but imagine what this would be like with big fat dew drops hanging down? It's too bad we can't control the weather, no?

One last thing - you've got a beatiful BG - lots of gorgeous color but it's being mostly hidden by the darkness of the area. Try bringing the BG up a little bit and see what you think of those colors.

Adrian David
11-18-2009, 04:45 AM
Thank you very much, Julie for all the suggestions! I will try to re-process the image!

Mike Moats
11-18-2009, 05:11 AM
Hey Adrian, I agree with Jules on the diagonal lines and the need for a brighter BG. I think a much tighter shot would work better on this one. The dew drops or the main interest and they appear to small.

Adrian David
11-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Here is my re-post...
Please let me know what do you think...!

Mike Moats
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey Adrian, much better:)

Anita Bower
11-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Beautiful detail in this image. Love those raindrops. I like the diagonal position in your repost. To my eye, the brightness increase was a bit too much. Maybe something in between the first and the second? But, that is so much a matter of personal preference.

Andreas Freund
11-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi Adrian,

I really like the second version. The colors of the BG are so nice! Julie was right.