PDA

View Full Version : Lake Louise at sunrise

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/8668985-lg.jpg

Canon eos elan 7e. fuji velvia. tamron 28-75. Graduated ND filter.

This is another one from my 06 Banff trip. Shot at sunrise before the sun hit the lake. As soon as the sunlight hits the lake, it turns opaque. The details in the dark areas are lost..some due to ND filter and some due to slide scanning. That is the problem with most of my slide scans. Wish I had a dslr( or any good digital P&S) at that time. In the slide, there is some more room at the top that did not get scanned I guess :-)

I havent done much PP on it.

All comments welcome.

Roman Kurywczak
11-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Kaustubh,
Yep....definitely tell it's a slide scan for the darker shadow areas......I have the same problem with my slides! I like th way you offset the mountain an minimized the left side anyway......a bit more top room as you mentioned but you may want to go back and see if you could get some more detail out of the snow. I've always loved the color of the water there.....always a treat to see.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Very nice Kaustubh, good reflection and interesting clouds coming over the mountain

Dave Mills
11-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Kaustubh, Been there and always amazed at the water color. Nice comp along with good light. I feel you did the best you could with the slide conversion regarding the left side.

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys

Grady Weed
11-19-2009, 04:55 PM
You can always tell the Fuji Velvia 50! Lovely rich colors. I bet the print blows this one away.